Spookfest: Science Unwrapped
SCIENCE CITY WILL CLOSE AT 3PM Saturday in preparation for SPOOKFEST
The Rail Experience in Science City will be closed from Tuesday - Saturday at 3PM
TIME: 5PM - 8PM
PRICE: $6 Union Station Members | $8 General Admission
Join Us For The Fifth Annual Spookfest: Science Unwrapped!
- Spooky Science Demos & Activities
- Creepy Critters & Eerie Edibles
- Spooktacular Science Stage Show
- Costume Contest
- Community Clay Project with Belger Arts
- AND MORE!
Activities and Demos*
5PM – 5:30PM Ghost Stomp Rockets (Maze Park)
5PM – 7PM Clay Art with Belger Arts Center (Tapped Out Classroom)
5:30PM – 6PM Parent & Me: Mummy Wrap (Maze Park)
6PM – 6:30PM Mummy Walk Challenge (Maze Park)
6PM – 6:30PM Alien Adventures – Autopsy, Diet and More! (Planetarium)
6PM – 7PM Make Mummy Puppets (Maker Studio)
6:30PM Spooktacular Stage Show (Maze Park)
7:00PM Costume Contest & Winner Announcements (Maze Park)
Costume Categories: Age 4 & Under, Ages 5-9, Age 10+ and Family/Group Costume
7:50PM Monster Mash Dance Party (Maze Park)
*While Supplies Last
Come & Go All Night*
Some all night activities will have brief breaks. Breaks notated under each activity.
Creepy Creatures (Nature Center)
BREAK 7PM – 7:20PM
DinoLab Tours (DinoLab)
DinoLab Tours occur every half hour beginning at 5:30PM
Early Childhood: Unwrapping A Pumpkin (KinderLab)
BREAK 6PM – 6:20PM
Haunted Museum (Rail Experience)
Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream (Test Kitchen)
BREAK 6:30PM – 6:50PM
Shedding Skins (Genetics Classroom)
BREAK 7:40PM – 8PM
*While Supplies Last
When is Spookfest?
Science City's 5th Annual Spookfest is Saturday, October 28 from 5PM to 8PM.
Spookfest Costume Guidelines
Union Station and Science City are focused on providing the best possible guest experiences. Toward that end, we maintain certain guidelines to ensure safety and a welcoming environment in all respects. For SpookFest, we encourage guests to wear costumes and ask you to follow the guidelines below. Union Station and Science City reserve the right to disallow costumes that violate these standards.
- Costumes should be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent in theme.
- Costumes may not contain features that resemble or could easily be mistaken for a weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike or harm another Guest.
Dressing for Special Events
- Union Station reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
For Guests ages 12 and under:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests ages 13 and older:
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Masks of any kind may not be worn.